Troubleshooting problems with sending SMS text messages
I'm having trouble sending SMS text messages - what can I do?
Please try the following troubleshooting tips.
- Some very old mobile phones can't send or receive text messages. To see if yours can, look for a "Messaging" or "SMS" option in the phone menu.
- Check your mobile's SMS Message Centre settings. Usually, these are located somewhere like:
Make sure your SMS Message Centre is set to +61418706700. Find out how to enter the "+" symbol.
- Main Menu > Messaging > Settings > Text Messages > Message Centre
- Main Menu > Settings > Messaging > Text Messages > Message Centre
- If you're sending to an international phone number, check our tips for sending SMS to an international number.
- Your mobile phone might have specific troubleshooting steps, in which case you should check your phone's manual. If you don't have your manual handy, you can view it online.
If you're still having problems, please contact us.