Microsoft, Hotmail and Windows Live are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
How do I setup Windows Live Mail to access my BigPond emails?
You will need to perform the following steps :
Open up your internet browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
In the address bar type in http://download.live.com/ (or you can click to open the link in a new window).
The Microsoft Live download page should appear. Click Download Now to start downloading Windows Live Mail and select RUN to begin the installation.
Select "Choose the programs you want to install" option when prompted what programs to install.
Please Note: If you choose "Install all of Windows Live Essentials", the total download will be 156MB. All downloads of Windows Live software are metered.
Select "Mail" option when prompted what programs to install.
Once Windows Live Messenger installation completes, you can now setup your BigPond email. Click on Start -> Windows Live folder -> Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail will launch and display "Add your e-mail accounts" Complete the following details:
- Email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password (Check the "Remember password" if you do not want to key in your password whenever you check your email)
- Email Display Name
- Check the option "Manually configure server settings for e-mail account"
Click Next to proceed.
You will need to fill in your email details and BigPond server settings:
- Incoming server: mail.bigpond.com
- Login ID, (this will be your Bigpond username (email address) i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Outgoing server: mail.bigpond.com
Click Next. then Finish to close the setup Wizard.
You can now select Window Live Mail from the Start menu to access your emails. You should automatically receive a test message.