How do I setup Outlook.com to send and receive my BigPond email?
On the Outlook.com menu bar, select Tools and select Accounts.
Click on Add.
Select Email Account
When the Internet Connection Wizard starts, type your name in the Display Name box and select Next.
Type in your BigPond email address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), then select Next.
In the Incoming e-mail server type, choose POP3.
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server: mail.bigpond.com
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: mail.bigpond.com
- My incoming mail server: Select POP3 from the drop-down menu
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop-mail.outlook.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp-mail.outlook.com
On the Congratulations screen select Finish. Outlook.com will check for email immediately so make sure you are connected. If you aren't, you can tick the box next to Do not download my email at this time.
Select Close. Your Outlook.com is now configured to send and receive your BigPond email.