How do I setup Outlook.com to send and receive my BigPond email?
On the Outlook.com menu bar, select Tools and select Accounts.
Click on Mail Tab then click Add then Mail
When the Internet Connection Wizard starts, type your name in the Display Name box and select Next.
Type in your BigPond email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), then select Next.
In the Incoming e-mail server type, choose POP3.
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server: mail.bigpond.com
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: mail.bigpond.com
- My incoming mail server: Select POP3 from the drop-down menu
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop-mail.outlook.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp-mail.outlook.com
Type in the account name and password, this will be your @bigpond.com username and password.
Make sure the 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)' is not ticked.
In the Internet Accounts 'Mail' tab click once on the mail account you have just created, this should be called mail.bigpond.com, and click Properties:
Select General type in a name like BigPond Email, this can be anything you like, so choose something that you will identify with your BigPond Emails.
Then click OK and then Close. Your Outlook.com is now configured to send and receive your BigPond email.