Microsoft, Hotmail and Windows Live are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Internet & Email
How to configure BigPond email with Microsoft Outlook 2007
Open Microsoft Outlook 2007
If this is the first time you have opened Microsoft Outlook 2007, the wizard will automatically appear.
Click next. On the email accounts window, make sure yes is selected, and select next. (Go to Step 5)
If this isn't the first time you have opened Microsoft Outlook 2007, start from Step 2
Select the tools menu and select the account settings option
Tick the box manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then select next
Please Note: BigPond doesn't use Auto Account Setup, so don't complete any other details here.
Make sure internet email is selected and then select next
Internet email settings. Ensure you Enter all the details correctly:
- your name: This is the name which will appear on outgoing emails
- email address: This is your full BigPond email address
- account Type: POP3
If you are using the BigPond (MyConnect/MyInbox) platform the following email settings apply:
- incoming mail server: mail.bigpond.com
- outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.bigpond.com
- username: enter your full BigPond email address
- password: enter your BigPond account password
Please Note: It's recommended you don't tick the box require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
If you are using BigPond with Outlook.com platform:
- Username: enter your full BigPond email address
- Password: enter your BigPond account password
- Incoming POP server: pop3.live.com
- Incoming POP server port: 995
- Incoming uses SSL: On (this is required)
- Outgoing SMTP server: smtp.live.com
- Outgoing SMTP server port: 587 (with TLS (preferred) or SSL Encryption, depending on your e mail app)
- Outgoing uses SSL: On (this is required)
- Authentication Outgoing server (SMTP) authentication: Same as incoming mail server
Ensure that Secure Password Authentication is not selected.
First-time Customers - ensure that you have accepted the Microsoft T&C's, by logging into your Outlook.com Hotmail Inbox at live.com
IMPORTANT – ALSO BE SURE TO:
- Tick the box indicating outgoing server requires authentication (in most email clients, this is not selected by default).
- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection, and SMTP authentication for security.
To check the server settings you are on go to our email troubleshooter.
Select the Test Account Settings button. Ticks will appear if it is successful. If you want to change some default settings, select more settings. Otherwise, select close.
Please Note: When you first log into your email, you'll see a test message confirming your test account setting was successful.
Select next, and then select finish
If you have any additional queries you can ask via CrowdSupport®.
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful
This article is rated: .0 [0 votes]