Activate My Pre-Paid Online
When activating your Pre-Paid service for the first time, you will most likely have just purchased a Telstra Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kit, or a new Pre-Paid device.
Before you activate:
- You need to choose a Pre-Paid offer
- Make sure you have the following identification handy:
To begin using your Pre-Paid service, you have a couple of options:
- On selected Pre-Paid Android mobiles purchased through Telstra, the Self Activation Android Application is available. So when the handset is turned on for the first time with a new Pre-Paid SIM inserted, the Pre-Paid activation Widget will appear, and you will see a 'tap to activate' prompt that will direct you to begin the activation. From here you follow the prompts.
- For Blackberry activations please call us on 125 8887 from your Telstra phone. If you are calling from a non Telstra phone call 13 2000 and say 'Pre-Paid'. Once through to a consultant ask for a 'BIS activation'.
- For all other Pre-Paid activations - whether you're using a new number, or bringing an existing number across to Telstra Pre-Paid - visit our Pre-Paid activation webpage and follow the prompts.
Once your request has been submitted, your device should be ready to use within 4 to 24 hours.
You can also check the status of your activation with your reference number anytime.